Spa & Salon
105 Irwin St.
Brooklyn, MI 49230
Fax: (517) 938-8666
Welcome to Lasting Image Day Spa and Salon
A Beautiful Investment
Body Cleanse Frequently Asked Questions
Text courtesy of
Touch Health Alternatives
- How does Body Cleanse work?
- When you come in to use the Body Cleanse, you
will begin by having your energy and mineral levels
tested to make sure it is safe to have a Body Cleanse
that day. If your levels are too low, you will need
to return at another time. Next, you will be tested
to determine the level at which your body needs
to be detoxified. The Body Cleanse unit has 5 different
levels to detox your system:
Each level emits a chosen amount of positive and
negative ions. Approximately 95% of people of Western
Culture are in an acid state; that is, their bodies
contain an excess of positively charged hydrogen
ions, and their blood pH is lower than 7.35. Many
toxins and free radicals are positively charged
and acid forming. Free radicals have unpaired electrons
and the "scavenging" of another electron to establish
electrical balance is what robs our healthy cells
and organs of their well-being and can contribute
to degeneration and disease. In short - the ions
boost the energy needed at the cellular level to
help push the toxins from the plasma membranes.
Please note: the Body Cleanse cannot differentiate
between toxins and good minerals. You will need
to take a mineral supplement to replace the good
minerals that are removed during the session.
- Strong detox
- Mild detox when body is not acidic
- Mild detox when body is acidic
- Normal detox when body is acidic
- Normal detox when body is not acidic
- Who should not use the Body Cleanse?
- The Body Cleanse should not
be used by anyone with the following conditions:
Anyone with a battery-operated implant (such as pacemakers),
anyone who is an insulin-dependant
diabetic, anyone who has received an organ transplant,
pregnant women, women who are lactating. Our staff
has your best interest in mind, so you will be required
to fill-out a health questionnaire.
- Can I use the Body Cleanse while taking prescription
- This question is quite tricky, as there are
so many prescription drugs. As a rule, we feel it
is fine for people taking day-to-day prescription
drugs to use the Body Cleanse, as long as you and
your physician are comfortable with it.
- Is the Body Cleanse safe to use for people who have
metal plates in their body?
- Yes, it is perfectly safe. Our only concern
is "electrical implants" in the body.
- What should I do if I feel sick during the Body
- If you feel unwell or unsure at any time during
the Body Cleanse, get out. The most important thing
is that you are comfortable. If this happens, don't
feel bad. Try to stay a few minutes longer the next
time until you feel comfortable completing the 30-minute
- Why do I feel tired after the Body Cleanse?
- Our bodies do most of their regenerating while
we sleep. A lot of people comment that they feel
tired after the Body Cleanse, and it is recommended
that these people have their Body Cleanse in the
evening before retiring for the night so their bodies
can get that well-deserved rest they need. Other
people comment of feeling very active after a Body
Cleanse, and it is recommended that these people
have their Body Cleanse in the morning or daytime.
- Why do certain parts of my body "tingle" when using
the Body Cleanse?
- Certain parts of your body may tingle or slightly
hurt, as this is the area on which your body may
be focusing attention. Thinking back, you may remember
an injury or some event that caused damage to that
area. If this tingle or slight pain becomes too
uncomfortable, it is recommended that you finish
your Body Cleanse at a later time. Generally, the next
time you use the Body Cleanse, it won't be so uncomfortable.
- Why do I get "tingles" in my legs when I have never
- Some who have never injured their legs have
reported this sensation and equate it to energy
flowing from the feet to the rest of the body. As
previously stated, if you ever feel uncomfortable,
stop the Body Cleanse and assess when you should
have your next Body Cleanse.
- Can I wear jewelry while using the Body Cleanse?
- The Body Cleanse system is reproducing all the
frequencies of the body in its entirety. If you
are wearing jewelry, in particular cosmetic jewelry,
the system will reproduce all the frequencies of
the body, including those of the jewelry, as though
they are one. This does not produce a desirable
effect. In order for the Body Cleanse to work on
your body at its optimal efficiency, there should
be as few variables as possible. Therefore, we recommend,
where possible and with the least amount of inconvenience,
that you do remove jewelry before using the Body
- Should I shower before using the Body Cleanse?
- In most cases, it is not necessary to take a
shower before using the Body Cleanse. However, if
you work around dangerous chemicals or are covered
in substances such as paint, oil, or grease, we
recommend that you wash these substances off before
using the Body Cleanse, as these foreign substances
could interfere with the Body Cleanse or possibly
even cause an adverse skin reaction.
- How do I remove the toxins from my skin after using
the Body Cleanse?
- When you finish a Body Cleanse session, you
will be given a tub of clean water, soap, a wash
cloth, and a towel to properly remove any toxins
that may have collected on your skin.
- How often can I use the Body Cleanse?
- As a general rule, the maximum cleansing frequency
for persons under 50 years of age is once every
other day for 14 sessions with a 2-week break before
beginning the next sequence. The maximum cleansing
frequency for persons over 50 years of age is once
every 3rd day with a 2-week break after 14 sessions.
Our recommendation for the maximum cleansing frequency
is no more than 2 sessions per week for 12-14 sessions,
with a 2-week break before beginning the next sequence
or beginning a maintenance schedule. We recommend
a once-per-month maintenance cleansing, after you
feel you have been fully detoxed.